09 July 2008

"They Said I Should Go to Glasto, I Said 'No, No, No'"

Since my Mac's hard drive is bullocksed up, I'm blogging a couple of updates to previous posts.

Glasto A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned being excited about the Glastonbury Festival. Seems some people didn't share my enthusiasm. "Glasto" (because cool indie rockers are too cool to say "nbury") had more than its share of controversy. First, Noel Gallagher and Jay-Z traded barbs. The Oasis guitar player questioned the appropriateness of bringing hip-hop to the chilled-out concert. The rapper retorted by doing a tone-deaf version of "Wonderwall." But after seeing the performance itself, the Manchester native said that Jay-Z was "great."

This was amongst a huger-than-normal meltdown by Amy Winehouse. She's now a total mentalist. While she was on a brief reprieve from the London Clinic, she performed and had time to slug yet another fan. I've lost count of how many that make it, but she has to keep her hands to herself. She only weighs about 3 stone (1 stone = 14 pounds) not counting the beehive, and someone is going to hit her back.

Oh, and Lily Allen now has a new hair color.

The Beeb After the post about the BBC's annual report, I saw that BBC are experiencing a row over pay rises and bonuses. This is especially acute due a big scandal that I didn't know about until just this week. It seems that they have got themselves into several "phone-in" scandal. Among other things, it seemed that they rigged a contest to name a cat on the afternoon kids' show, Blue Peter. The viewers voted for Cookie, but he's called Socks. I'm not kidding.

No comments: