28 July 2008

The French British Connection

It's uncanny. Sometimes it seems that nearly everything I enjoy in the media of has some kind of connection to the UK.

Take Battlestar Galactica. I've known for ages that there are a couple of British characters -- that's obvious. But it wasn't until recently that I found out that one of the main leads, Lee Adama (Apollo), is played by a Brit. Yep, Jamie Bamber is from Hammersmith. Click here to hear his real voice.

Everyone's raving about The Dark Night? British director.

As a kid, I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show about a dozen times. (Was that sharing too much? I didn't dress up or anything.) It wasn't until years later that I learned how British RHPS truly is. It originated in London, it was filmed in Berkshire ... Tim Curry and Richard O'Brien are both subjects of the Queen ...

I just have to figure out the British angle on a couple of other important things in my life -- Bruce Springsteen and the Mets are two that spring to mind -- and my theory will be complete.

No comments: