21 July 2008

Spaced Out on Ali G and More

Good news: Spaced is out on DVD. The BBC show was a very intelligent comedy that served as a launching board for director Edgar Wright, plus Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, all of "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz."

Of course, lots of the show is already available on YouTube. I reckon the BBC have worked out how to deal with YouTube in a way that's good for both parties. Here's a little taste of episode 2 (picked only because it's funnier faster ... feel free to go back and start with episode 1 of series 1).



But getting started on YouTube is pretty dangerous if you're me. French and Saunders interviews; the Mighty Boosh; Dead Ringers. I'll go out on a limb. British comedy is just much funnier than anything produced here -- I can't imagine how good it would be if I actually understood all the references. My other favorite thing to explore on YouTube is the original Ali G show. Below, please find a travelogue Ali did of Wales ... which, as everyone knows, is "the fish with the biggest dick in the ocean." That Cohen is one funny bloke.

No comments: