06 September 2008

Talk About an Accent

My accent would probably be like John Barrowman's if I moved to England -- all bullocksed up.

I heard an interview with him on the Steve Wright in the Afternoon show. I didn't know what to expect. I had figured that he was like Jamie Bamber -- a Brit who does a great American accent. In fact, he's a little of everything.

His Captain Jack on Torchwood is obviously American, but in real life, he speaks pretty much the same way ... with a few "ana-thing"s and British grammar thrown in. Hey I'd do the same thing, surrounded by Brits 24/7.

According to Wikipedia, he's Glaswegian but spent his formative years in Joliet, Illinois and then he moved to England. So, like Madonna, I guess he can choose the accent that suits him.

Here he is having a bit of fun with accents on *Matthew* Wright's show:

No comments: