22 September 2008

Do You Feel Like He Does?

So I'm watching a Peter Frampton concert on Rave HD, and he's doing his stuff with the voicebox (which I love) ...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably weren't alive in 1977, when his patented effect, where he "talks" through his guitar, was everywhere you went because as the cliche goes, everyone owned a copy of Frampton Comes Alive! [Exclamation mark not mine.]

Anyway, in a surreal moment, through the talkbox, Frampton starts talking about *baseball*, and how he loves the Reds because he lives in ... wait for it ... Cincinnati! [That time the exclamation mark was mine.]

What?

I have absolutely nothing about Cincinnati or the Reds or any of it, but Peter Frampton lives in Cincinnati? I know a certain percentage of Brits come here, but I thought they were all in Santa Monica. Well, a few end up in Florida and even Oklahoma, like our new friend, Brit' Gal.

Of course, to me, it seems like, "Why would anyone want to move in that direction?" I mean, they are card-carrying EU citizens. What's more, it's bloody impossible to go the other direction. I have one friend who pulled it off, but the first question on most application forms there is "Do you have a legal right to work in the United Kingdom?"

I suppose as long as he lives near an airport, a famous musician can have a house anywhere -- Frampton's probably on the road as much as he is home.

But Cincinnati just seems so random.

No comments: