24 September 2008

Let Him Be

Macca has arrived in Israel and people are going nutter about it.

Believe me, I'm not going to start a political discussion here, but it did get me to thinking about how much more keen they are in GB to boycott the Zionist entity. For instance, British academics are still shunning their Israeli counterparts, and probably will do for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure it comes from a good place -- the Brits have a great sense of justice ... it's one of the things I like about them. Where would all those NGOs be without adventurous and committed Brits?

Again, this isn't the place to work out either the wisdom or the efficacy of such boycotts. But this is different to the situation in South Africa in the 80s. And I do I need to mention the Balfour Declaration? The British Mandate? No one's hands are clean here. Except for peace loving Paul.

All Sir Paul wants to do is rock. He's not a political figure. Plus, now that he's with Nancy Shevell, shouldn't he be able to have a look at the Holy Land. After all, he (and those three chaps he used to hang out with) were banned from the place, and he's never gotten there since.

FOOTIE NEWS: Just a quick mention that Chelsea got knocked out of first place due to a tie game with Man U and because of Arsenal made short work of Bolton. Tottenham is still at the bottom of the table.

No comments: