29 October 2008

I Don't Bloody Believe This


Okay. Been following what is now called "Sachsgate" for a few postings now.

The latest? Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross have both been suspended from the BBC. (Read below, but basically Ross dropped the "F bomb" during a prank call to the beloved comedy actor Andrew Sachs whilst recording Brand's Radio 2 show.)

Could they get sacked over Sachsgate? I don't think so. But apparently over 10,000 license-fee-payers complained as of yesterday.

The whole thing is absurd, but it would be lots less if I didn't keep picturing Manuel bashing around Fawlty Towers every time I read about this kerfuffle.

In a COMPLETELY unrelated thought, I wonder how sales of Ross's new book, "Why Do I Say These Things?" are doing. That's a "convenient" title for all this publicity he's getting. And I wonder how old Russ's burgeoning film career will be affected if he is released from his BBC obligations? Hmmmm.

No comments: