14 October 2008

Gentlemen Prefer French & Saunders

The world's best double act have started their swansong performances on the West End and I'd give my eye teeth.

I swear, if they bring the show here, I will see it -- and not be a daft idiot like I was when Ricky Gervais came for two nights of standup.

You may know Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders from some of their solo efforts. Saunders starred in Absolutely Fabulous and French was the Vicar of Dibley. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, you're dead to me.

French is married to Lenny Henry (of Chef! fame) and has recently come out with a memoir called Hello Fatty in which she talks about her father's suicide.

Anyway, they are hysterical and you should rent the DVDs of their series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really???

I'll have to look up the run dates. I'd love to grab a ticket when I return to London next spring!