03 September 2009

Not Quite Cricket or "Putting Some English On It."

Not that I've tried that hard, but I still still find cricket a sticky wicket. I do know enough to be aware that England have won some big contest recently (I think against the Aussies?) and that they now have something called "the Ashes."

One thing that really surprised me: Apparently, Lilly Allen is a mad for the game. She's even been known to hire helicopters to get her to games so she won't be late -- and I don't think they are any cheaper there than here. Lilly says that in her hectic life, cricket is a moment of calm. I get that ... with those five-day contests, it must be like playing our (yawn) baseball in a vat of treacle. Baseball's my favorite sport, so count me in!

Other news in sport: Footie started on the 15th of August and Chelsea is out front. Of course, Man U won again last year, so it's going to be another interesting season ... If I can manage to keep on top of it.

No comments: