21 December 2009

I am Howard

In addition to loving the UK, I love Israel, Italy, France and Canada! Are we noticing a trend? Basically I love anywhere that's not here, I guess.

One of the best things to come from our neighbors to the north (members of the Commonwealth, BTW) is Jonathan Goldstein's Wiretap on CBC Radio. It's sort of hard to describe, so check out the podcast, especially, the recent on in which Howard Chackowicz returns from a four-day trip to England with a British accent.

I love this character. I guess I relate to him. But this last episode put it over the top. Of course, I fear that I am as needy and crazy as Howard. And I fear that my efforts to fit in with Brits are met with the same reaction as Howards: "A lot of people were laughing ... when I was making a joke, so ..."

Anyway, listen to Wiretap's Mysteries and tell me what you think.

Wiretap illustration/logo by artist Jack Dylan -- used for the purposes of promoting the show.

No comments: